The Irish Roads Authority (IREA) has found that a road repair firm was not responsible for a major flood that caused significant damage to the roads of the north west of the country.
It said it had taken steps to repair the road in recent days and was confident the road would be fully repaired.
In January, an estimated 2.7 metres of the road was swept away from its foundation.
A spokesman for the IEA said it was investigating the circumstances of the accident and would “follow the findings of the investigation”.
The Irish Independent is not naming the firm involved because it did not have a representative.
The IEA did not specify the type of damage.
It said the road had been in use since at least January and had been used by a number of different people.
The company had worked on roads in Ireland for a number for more than 30 years.
On Monday, the IREA announced it would not be renewing the company’s licence.
It had asked the firm to apply for an extension but this request was rejected.
In a statement, IREAs deputy director general said the organisation “remains deeply saddened and saddened by this accident”.
Meanwhile, the Irish Times is reporting that a contractor has been found guilty of fraud. “
In order to ensure a smooth operation of the roads and ensure the safety of road users, we will continue to make significant and significant changes to our road rehabilitation plans to ensure they are safe for future generations,” he added.
Meanwhile, the Irish Times is reporting that a contractor has been found guilty of fraud.
Last year, an Irish businessman was convicted of defrauding the country’s financial regulator.
He pleaded guilty to charges including misappropriation of public funds.
The case is still pending.